Some Considerations Before Hiring an Air Conditioning Repair Service
Depending on what has happened to your air conditioner, below you will find some tips that could help you fix momentarily your AC unit before a professional comes to make an air conditioning repair. Even, it is possible this will save you some dollars if the damage is not much. That is why anything that is not listed here as a “repair” tip that could be done by yourself, its better to leave it to a specialist.
1. If your air conditioner does not cool but it still running, proper cleaning is what you need to do. When cleaning an air conditioner it is better to do it during a warmer day. To make it perfect, following the manual’s instructions is recommended.
2. If your air conditioner is not working automatically, check if the thermostat is set to cool. Check as well if the air conditioner is set to the current temperature. Believe or not, you should try this before calling for an air conditioning repair specialist.
3. If you have noticed that the room temperature drops to lower than its set temperature on the thermostat, mostly the thermostat is not properly installed or calibrated. That’s why it does not give a proper room air sampling.
4. When the room temperature swings more than 3 degrees and when the air conditioner turns on and off, this only means that the air conditioner’s pump is not cycling well. Look over the adjust thermostat heat anticipator whenever you encounter this kind of air conditioning repair problem.
5. Whenever you hear squealing sounds from the forced-air heat pump, or the belt that is attached to the motor’s fan falls and if the blower is making like a grinding noise, it is time for you to call an air conditioning repair service technician. Your air conditioners problem is actually the motor’s bearings that has shot down. Mostly, this case is due to the improper alignment of the belt that needs to be replaced. Reading the manufacture’s manual when encountering this kind of problem is still the best recommended advice.
6. If you have noticed that the water is leaking at the base of the appliance or that there is something that blocks the water’s flow or the pump is not working properly, try to check if one of the tubes has a damage or a leak. If you notice that this is the problem, then replacing the damaged part is necessary.
7. Since most of the cooling/heating ducts are metal, they usually produced noise from the air-handling unit to your rooms. In order for you to stop the noisy sounds, inserting flexible ductwork between the cooling/heating systems would make the system run normally. And if you hear a popper sound or pinging sound from the ductwork, try to check the ductwork because it might be from an air blowing loose metal or from a thermal expansion. If that’s the problem, try to put a small dent within the sheet metal to make a more firm surface that is less likely to move when it cools and heats.
Following some of these tips would not only save you money but would also give you the chance to know exactly how to fix your device before an air conditioning repair specialists comes to your home.
Looking For A Reliable AC Repair Company?
Our Mission at All County Air Conditioning Repair is to serve our customers in the best way possible with a wide variety of air conditioning repair services. With the owner having over 35 years of experience in HVAC, you can be confident in your decision to have All County Air Conditioning Repair, Refrigeration & Heating Repair Co. as your cooling and heating professionals for Plantation Florida and the surrounding areas. Our air conditioning repair service techs are NATE-Certified (North American Technician Excellence) in air conditioning, heat pump, and air distribution, and they receive on going education from equipment manufacturers. They are some of the BEST and most highly-trained HVAC air conditioning repair service technicians, ready to work with you to help resolve any equipment issues you may be having. Call us today at 954-297-9754.
Air Conditioning Repair Tech? A Few Steps Before calling…
When your beloved air conditioner is in the middle of its life or playing the last rounds, is more than likely that a specialist will, sooner or later, make a visit to it. But before that happens, it’s not a bad idea to employ a method that could let you out of trouble momentarily, and maybe, provide at least a slightly successful diagnosis with which you can know, in advance, the budget that your air conditioning repair specialist will ask for.
And now, imagine: the hottest day of the year, and your air conditioner stops working! Getting it serviced can be expensive, but necessary. Check out these steps that can possibly save some money momentarily, and help you keep cool at the same time!
1. Assess the problem. Is the unit simply not working at all, is it not cooling the air much, or is it simply blowing around warm air? That’s an easy first step that doesn’t need the help of a air conditioning repair specialist, right?
A. If it’s not working at all: the condenser (for an outdoor unit) or air handler (indoor unit) are not running.
Make sure it’s plugged in. This may seem obvious, but there are occasions when this is exactly the problem. Whether kids, dogs, or an accidental tap with the vacuum cleaner, the plug could be partially or completely dislodged.
Check the circuit breakers and fuses. Make sure they are in place, turned on, and functioning properly. Circuits, especially with older homes, are easily overloaded if the air conditioner shares a circuit with appliances such as irons, refrigerators, or microwaves.
Check your thermostat (cooling control) and make sure it is set to cool at the current temperature, and working properly. As with plugs, sometimes settings can change by accident. Your air conditioning repair specialist wants you to call him, but not to only plug your device.
B. If it’s not cooling enough…
Check your fan blower belt for excessive slack, damage, or breakage. This can cause low air flow which allows ice to form, and thus causes low cooling performance.
Repair or replace the blower belt. Allow the ice to melt before restarting the AC unit.
Check the coils and filter. If they are caked with dust and debris, clean them thoroughly. Make sure you let any ice melt before restarting your unit.
Call for service. If you’ve verified that everything is connected, powered, set up properly, and clean, it may be time to call an air conditioning repair specialist.
Wash your condenser coil once a season, or as needed. Turn off your air conditioner, get a garden hose, and spray the coil using an up and down pattern. Be particularly attentive if your condenser is close to a dryer vent, or if your neighborhood is full of cottonwood trees. These two items are “air conditioner killers”.
Clean or change your filter regularly. This simple step alone can increase the efficiency of your air conditioner. It will also run less, increasing the life span of your equipment.
A good sign that your filter needs changing is the fact of ice forming inside your inside cooling unit (evaporator section). Again, your air conditioning repair specialist is very important, but let him or her the hard work!
This may be difficult to see as the unit is sealed, but touch the outside metal and feel for a noticeable temperature difference. You may also see ice on the large line going to the outside unit (suction line).
If ice is forming, it is possible that your air filter is severely dirty and restricting your normal air flow. This allows ice to form due to the fact that not enough heat is being introduced to your cooling section.
This allows the low side pressure to fall, which is linked to low operating pressure. When the temperature falls below freezing, the condensate water (which collects on the evaporator normally) will start to freeze. Once started, a significant amount of ice will form rapidly, compounding the problem of low discharge airflow to the cooling space, causing low cooling performance and possible damage to the compressor. Finally, an obvious but important advice: don’t try yourself to replace an air conditioning repair specialist. It can cost you lots of money.
All County Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Company provides excellent customer service. We diagnose any problems you have with your existing system, and if needed install new high-efficiency system(s) in your home. We service and offer all brands of equipment that is best suited for your home and comfort as well as your wallet.
Some Characteristics of Air Conditioning Repair Companies
While each company claims for itself the best scrolls when offering their services, customers must be very careful searching for themselves before hiring the professionals of any company. All of this is happening because of the competition that generated the increasing use of air conditioning in homes, stores, offices and all kind of spaces, wich has led to the emergence of more and more air conditioning repair companies. So, in this sea of possibilities, we can meet both with the best and some who could do it better.
They must try to find out the best one all the air conditioning repair companies with the following parameters:
Versatility: This is an important criterion for the companies to meet. Air conditioning repair companies must be able to provide their expert services for a number of other cooling devices including wine coolers and refrigerators. These are common devices that are available in more numbers and that is why the demand of these services is always growing globally.
Guaranteed service: You must try to find a company that can provide you guaranteed services in the most dependable ways. You must not show your interest in any of the air conditioning repair companies that fails to meet its assurance as far as quality and time factor are concerned.
Reference: You can find the best company in your area with the help of the current users of AC. If you are located in Sunrise, Florida, then your task becomes easy because the city has a great number of AC. You can even ask your next-door neighbors or office colleagues to find their opinion about the bests air conditioning repair companies in Sunrise, Florida.
Go Local: Though many air conditioning repair companies have their branches working in various parts of the country, you must prefer getting a company from your local area as you can reach it as quickly as possible. This becomes important because your AC or any cooling device may go wrong any moment without giving any warning. You can even preserve the contact details of the company so that you can call the company, as and when you face any problem.
Prefer a company instead of an individual: This is an important factor that you must remember while looking for air conditioning repair companies. A company may have many technicians and it can make one available for your needs, whereas an individual may miss any call due to any personal reason or circumstances.
Expert technicians: Air conditioning repair companies are known for its technical expertise that comes through its expert technicians. Before selecting a company, you must make sure that the company has expert technicians who can manage the entire affair smoothly in favor of the company as well as its customers/ clients.
Cost-effectiveness: Due to increasing competition among the air conditioning repair companies in Sunrise, Florida, the service charges are going down these days. You must take advantage of this market situation to find the company that provides better work at an affordable pricing.
If you are looking for one of the best air conditioning repair companies to get the most dependable services in AC repairing, then you must not over look the things that are mentioned above. You must not make any compromise on any issue in case you are looking for the best services for your own home or commercial space.
In All County Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Company we provide excellent customer service. We diagnose any problems you have with your existing system, and if needed install new high-efficiency system(s) in your home. We service and offer all brands of equipment that is best suited for your home and comfort as well as your wallet.